If you own a pet, then your little fur baby getting injured or sick is just a part of the deal, the same comes with having kids. This begs the question: should you get pet insurance?
Thanks to vaccinations, better foods for your fur kids and an overall improvement in vet care for pets – our fur kids are living much longer than before. This also means that our pets are more prone to suffering from more age-associated illnesses such as cancer. As treatment becomes more sophisticated and vets begin to use top notch equipment – vet care is becoming more expensive.
More people are starting to opt for pet insurance which is a form of health cover for your pets. Healthcare for your pets can be incredibly expensive. Routine care such as vaccinations are costly as it is, then there’s the unexpected costs of accidents and illness which can set you back a pretty penny. Pet insurance is great for helping to cover the unplanned and unexpected vet visits for your pets and helps you to save a whole bunch in medical fees.
Should you get pet insurance? Here’s why we think you should
Dogs and cats get sick
There is no way around this. Just like humans get sick, your fur babies do too, which is why it’s better to be prepared for these situations.
Dogs and cats get in accidents and get injured
Whether your pet is a little naughty, brave, or simply unlucky, accidents can and do happen at any time, including broken bones, torn nails, lacerations, or getting hit by a car – just to list a few.
Pet insurance is the responsible thing to do
Just as you insure your car, your house and your family’s health – insuring your pet is the right and responsible thing to do!
Vet bills can amount to a small fortune and are often unexpected
Your pet having an operation can cost you anywhere from R2000 to R10 000 or more! Not many of us have that kind of cash lying around and having to dip into our savings is just not worth it when you can have pet insurance.
Why we recommend Oneplan Pet Insurance:
There are currently a large number of pet insurance companies out there and choosing the right one for you can be difficult. Luckily for you, we’ve done the research and can attest to the fact that Oneplan is most definitely a great choice for you and your fur baby.
Here are just a few reasons we love them:
- Get paid before you see the vet: That’s right, unlike other insurers who make you pay upfront to the vet, they pay you first! All you have to do is upload your claim and the funds will be loaded onto your Onecard within seconds for you to swipe at the vet as you would a debit card.
- Keep your favourite vet: No vet networks, meaning you can visit any vet of your choice.
- Get more value back with exclusive discounts: As a Oneplan Pet Parent, you get up to 25% discount* on everything in the Onepet Online Premium Pet Store – from pet food, dewormer, and tick & flea to grooming, chronic care, and even toys!
- Instant everything: Sign up in one minute and get insured in one minute with Oneplan Pet Insurance.
- Zero paperwork, zero hassle: Out with the old and in with the new – their paperless and instant claim system allows for you to upload your claim through the Oneplan App or online.
If you want to view their range of plans, have a look right here.
Yours in Not-So-Average Pet Advice,
The Petinsurance.co.za Team
*Discounts tiered & plan dependent. Excludes Accident Plan.